Are you finding it difficult to raise Godly children? The task of raising children in this age could be a herculean task with the impact of modern world and jet age civilization.
However, Susannah Wesley, a mother of 19 children among whom are Charles Wesley and john Wesley. Founder of Methodist church, succeeds in her time. Here are some of her basic rules which can be of great benefits for this day’s parents in child upbringing.
- Allow no eating between meals.
- Put all children to bed by 8 o’clock.
- Require them to take medicine without complaining.
- Subdue self- will in a child, and thus work together with God to save his soul.
- Teach your child to pray as soon as he knows how to speak.
- Give them nothing they cry for, only those which they ask for politely.
- To prevent lying, punish no fault which is first confessed or repented of.
- Never allow a sinful act go unpunished.
- Commend and reward good behaviour.
- Any attempt to please, even poorly perform should be commended.
- Preserve property right even in the smallest matters.
- Strictly observe all promises.
- Be humble and mature enough to accept responsibility for your wrongs a apologize for wrongs