Friends are not made but discovered. Discovering and maintaining good and godly friends could be a herculean task in this generation especially for the young adults and teenagers. But the good news is, it is still possible to have and enjoy good friendship without the risk of being led astray.
In this article we have put together some basic things you need to know and do about friendship in order to help you discover, maintain and enjoy your friendship. We call it the beatitudes and the ten commandment of friendship.
- Blessed are friends who FEAR GOD, for God will be their FRIEND
- Blessed are friends who OBEY THEIR PARENTS, TEACHERS , AND SENIORS for they will LIVE LONG
- Blessed are friends who REFUSE TO JOIN OTHERS in doing wrong, for they shall be called CHILDREN OF GOD
- Blessed are friends who PRAY FOR EACH OTHER, for they will REMAIN STRONG
- Blessed are friends who PLAY, READ, AND DO ASSIGNMENTS TOGETHER for they will be SUCCESSFUL IN EVERYTHING
- Blessed are friends who FORGIVE EACH OTHER their wrongs, for Jesus will also FORGIVE THEM
- Blessed are friends who READ THEIR BIBLE AND SING GOSPEL SONGS together, GOD WILL BE HAPPY WITH THEM.
- Blessed are friends who DO NOT HIDE THINGS from each other, for they will TRUST each other.
- Blessed are friends who are HUMBLE, for God will LIFT THEM UP
- Blessed are friends who LOVE JESUS, for JESUS ALSO LOVES THEM.
- You can add your own also.
TEN COMMANDMENTS OF FRIENDSHIP FORMATION
- You shall not make friends with disobedient children, for they will make you disobedient.
- You shall not make friends with those who disrespect their parents, teachers and seniors, for they will make you not to live long
- You shall not make friends with people who say “but don’t tell your daddy and mummy what we have done” for they will lead you into trouble.
- You shall not make friends with liars, for they will make you a liar.
- You shall not make friends with those who steal, for they will make you a thief.
- You shall not make friends with lazy people, those who refuse to work at home or do their assignments, for they will make you fail in school.
- You shall not make friends with people who are proud, who look down on people that are poor, handicap, or not as brilliant as them; for they will cause you to displease God.
- Do unto your friends what you want your friends to do unto you.
- Remember to pray for your friends, for this is the best gift you can give them.
- Help your friends when they are in need because a friend in need is a friend indeed.